Wednesday, June 07, 2017

McDonald's Inc.ompetence


Management? Oh, you just Roll Your Eyes?

I'm sure in the USA, many notice Incompetence in the management in many Establishments.

Here are the stories I've seen first hand at McDonalds, while working there.
  1. Date Your Ex-Fiancée Again! Says My Manager?

I saw about 3 hours in, my Ex-Fiancée and her friend. whom my manager is friends with both; walk into the Restaurant. After they left, I get called back to talk to my manager, whom asks me for my number to give to my ex-fiancée. I simply declined to give the number and explained I will not ever wanna be with her, again.

I ask one thing about this incompetence of management, to ask why my manager, even asked about my relationship status and if I would wanna be with my ex-fiancée?

  1. Rolling Eyes Syndrome (They All Don't Like To Answer Questions, As Much As Roll Their Eyes)

I often ask many questions, really when thrown into a position; I've never been in. You probably understand that. You probably ask questions too, when stock has switched areas and things are misplaced; but truly in about 2 months in at McDonalds you'll never wanna ask a question to a manager, at least I hated it.

Right when I asked a question (even early on and keep in mind I switched to about 3 different locations with different management and then even the same management at times at two because one store got shut down due to the management style) at all three I saw the same thing instead of an answer from all ages; young to older. They will ROLL THEIR EYES AT YOUR QUESTION. AND SOME WILL IGNORE IT. AND MORE WILL JUST NOT CARE.

So I always relied on the actual workers to show me how to do my job. But I ask, why are they management if they can't manage to even answer a question? I will say some; answer questions, but most even before answering will Roll Their Eyes.

  1. And The Manager Told Us To Do The Wrong Thing. Yells Seconds Later.

"Pre-Close", wait what? We asked at 4 PM. I yelled back at my manager, "You sure you want us to pre-close?", repeats 2 more times. So I saw again, the ignoring us from the management and ehh, the eye rolls as she was close enough to see the snarky remark.

"Well I guess we are pre-closing." I told the grill team, and we all set up pre-close. Right when we end we hear the same manager yell at us for pre-closing. So I simply stated, "You really need to communicate with your workers." and I was sent home. Unsure if it was because it was slow, or because I spoke my mind. But truly the way I was sent home was just the most idiotic. She states, "You can go.", I asked, "Where?"; and she stated "Space, I don't care." and I believe this truly just shows how replaceable we are at a job for a Corporation. I wasn't fired as this was in the time of me still being there; but I truly shouldn't have to say but this is the same manager as 1.

I worked over my clock to help the employees set up for when I left, helped get more buns before I left at my shift; most things a lot didn't do. But yet none of that was reflected; instead me, being realistic in life makes me lower to them?

But I'm not the one still there.

  1. Store Closes Due To The Management. Bright Idea From McDonald's, let's keep them as management.

As I transferred from one store to another (I already transferred at this time, but my Store was closed down to be rebuilt at this time, so I worked at my old McDonald's from Story 1., I worked at the one before it was tore down, and the only story at that time was the Eye Rolling and Questions being considered annoyances.) it was just announced that instead of rebuilding the store I just left after the one I was going to; to get rebuilt, theirs' would be shut down and their jobs would be spread.

As I heard, I asked many if it was due to the management, because early at that time we did a survey and many explained that they also seen the problems from the management that was in the store. Surly enough I found it was due to the management why it was shut down.

As I figured this out, I quickly thought it'd be impossible for them to keep the management and spread them as they were the reason a store was shut down. But I quickly saw, the same management being in charge of the floor and the restaurant at times; truly just keeping up the same games as before.

  1. Grill Cook, Frying Station in the Grill, and the Fry Station; confused. As they are told to do nothing to then everything in seconds.

Having worked in all three, I know the problems surrounding these the most. In why some fall into a disarray on these three lines, and why they may run out of food.

The Management, because they always say to conserve the food. Not to make enough. While this is truly the logical thing to do for a restaurant. It is quite stupid to expect after making sure we don’t have enough food to expect it immediately. I'm only saying this, because this is when all Three Jobs get told they are useless or no good and someone then takes over the job, to do exactly what you have been doing or even doing worse than what you were told not to do.

  1. Break Nazis. Fraudulent lies on hire day.

McDonald's supervisors have told me time and again as an adult, we do not actually legally deserve a break. Explaining that a 12 hour day even, would not mean you even will get a break. Calling the one thing that separates slavery and work, as a benefit from them.

Even though when I was hired, I was told we would have a break if we work 5 hours or more. So I came to a conclusion that McDonalds all together tells you fraudulent information when it comes to the day they hire you compared to the time you work there.

And this is where I'm ending story time, many stories exist; not just from me. This is a bigger problem than McDonald's or just any corporation or anything. This is a person problem. There are many in charge who don't take their workers seriously, and that is a sad fact. I will say, I never will support an establishment that doesn't even respect their employees.

I seen this at many jobs, this was one that is always bashed and truly it showed me a lot about patience. I even learned more than I expected, Patience is learned there; from the lack of patience from the Management. I think truly many workers learn patience there, as none of the crew members envision themselves staying there; except the management that rolls their eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment